Our annual AGM and Special Event, on Sunday 23rd September 2018 was a success! Thanks to our members and supporters who took a Sunday out to attend. We have a fantastic turnout just short of 30 people, representing a diverse range of volunteer member groups from Landcare, bushcare and coastcare, local councils, nurseries and not-for-profit organisations. The morning consisted of presentations from GSLN committee members, Local Landcare Coordinators and Local Land Services:
– Bev Debrincat provided a valuable update Landcare NSW, and the Landcare network over morning tea
– Vanessa Keyzer, presented a regional update from Greater Sydney Local Land Services and upcoming partnership opportunities
– LLC Elisha Duxbury discussed GSLN youth engagement in Landcare projects, Intrepid Landcare, south-western Sydney and future GSLN plans
– Previous LLC Xuela Sledge discussed the Cumberland Plains Landcare Program and projects, Cattai Hills Environment Network and an overview of activities and achievements whilst in the LLC role with GSLN
– New LLC Clare Vernon provided a short presentation on the preliminary findings of the Landcare and bushcare network survey of Greater Sydney
– Bev Debrincat and Jeff Cottrell lead a discussion around the new Crown Lands Management Act, and the transfer of Crown Land to local councils.