2021 was a big year for a number of reasons, for the Landcare community in Sydney, here’s why:
- We planted thousands of trees under our Creating Canopies program
- We engaged hundreds of volunteers in and out of the Greater Sydney region, including young adults
- We started a new project dedicated to Private Land Conservation initiatives in Sydney’s north west and south west
- We carried on restoring western Sydney’s Cumberland Plain
- We published 17 sustainable agriculture videos onto youtube
- We hosted several webinars that attracted hundreds of viewers, also on our youtube channel
- We bought our first company vehicle and, rented our first office!
Landcare in Greater Sydney is expanding. We need volunteers for all of our projects, for activities including
- Wildlife monitoring
- Office duties
We also are looking for landholders wanting to do any sort of conservation or restoration work on their land, especially in western Sydney.
If you would like to be a part of it, please get in touch:
bronwyn.hall@greatersydneylandcare or xuela.sledge@greatersydneylandcare