Head over to iTunes Store and download this great new app Environmental Weeds of the Sydney Region produced by Greater Sydney Landcare Network members, Sydney Rockclimbers Mountain Goat Bushcare Group. The Group says “we hope to eventually create an online database for people to submit / share weed data and allow people to personalise the weed list in the app for their own particular area”.
The Greater Sydney Landcare Network (GSLN) is planning its future and looking at its progress. We want your input.
It’s an exciting time, when bushcare activities of volunteers across the Sydney region, can be mapped and reported to a Network that includes decision makers and managers.
We have a great location and Spring will be on show.
Field of Mars Study Centre, Sunday August 23rd August 2015
1.30pm Registration and refreshments
2.10-2.30pm Speed Talks – Your network update
- Judy Christie — Chair’s Report – what we have achieved so far
- Paul Vale – Lessons Learned – Blue Mountains Bushcare Network
- Vanessa Keyzer – Adventure Conservation and Source to Sea
- Jeff Cottrell – Developing an App for day to day collection of bushcare / landcare data
2.30-3.10pm Planning Our Future Session
3.10-3.30pm AGM & Adoption of Constitution
3.30pm Wildflower Walk in the Field of Mars
More information view PDF
At our public meeting on August 23rd, we will be appointing committee members. The Greater Sydney Landcare Network has plenty of interesting opportunities for committee members.
- The committee is to have at least 5 and not more than 11 members.
- Member groups may nominate not more than 2 members to serve on the Committee.
- Members may nominate themselves
- Nominations for the Committee must be received by August 7. You can nominate by email or with our online form
- If less than 11 nominations are received, further nominations will be called for at the meeting. If more than 11 nominations are received, an election will be held at the meeting.
- The Committee must elect its office bearers and meet for the first time within one month of the AGM. This could be done immediately following the AGM. The Committee must elect a Chairperson, 2 Vice Chairs, Secretary, Treasurer. A Public Officer must also be nominated.
- The Committee currently meets approximately monthly, at the Local Land Services office in Parramatta. The new Committee can choose when and where to meet to suit its own needs.