Looking for ways to beautify your property and help the environment at the same time? Consider planting trees as part of the Creating Canopies project.
By doing so, you’ll not only enhance the beauty of your property, but you’ll also help mitigate urban heat, provide habitat for wildlife, create healthier communities, and reduce carbon emissions.
Greater Sydney Landcare is partnering with both private landowners and public landowners to plant trees.
Some public landowners we’ve partnered with include Councils, Hospitals and Universities.
Some private landowners we’ve partnered with include individuals, Land for Wildlife property owners, golf courses, equestrian clubs, and even an RSPCA shelter.
What will you get for signing up?
- Expert advice on suitable plant species, heights and planting locations
- Local native tubestock tree species and all planting materials
- Site prep for the plantings (pre-digging holes and laying down mulch)
- Coordination of planting day and extra hands (volunteers or contractors) to help get the plants in the ground
- Ongoing support from initial assessment to maintenance advice
And the best bit? This is all provided FREE of charge!